A person who acquires a PCCI registered dog will have to officially transfer the ownership of the dog to his name from the previous owner whose name appears on the front side of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate. This process is called "Transfer of Ownership" and allows for the updating of the records of the PCCI to reflect the name of whoever may be the current owner of the registered dog.
Transfer of ownership is best carried out as soon as the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate is provided by the previous owner and all the information necessary for completing the transaction is obtained. There are several advantages to immediate transfer:
a. Official recognition of dog ownership by the PCCI. Only the individual whose name appears in the PCCI records as the owner may transact with the PCCI.
b. The new owner can have the authenticity of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate validated and at the same time may determine the correctness and completeness of information that the previous owner(s) has provided. The shorter intervening period facilitates the settlement with the previous owner should there be questions about the authenticity of the document or the completeness of the information provided.
c. Penalties due to late transfer are avoided.
Transfer of Ownership may be carried out under two situations:
Case 1: Dog is acquired from the person whose name is printed as owner in the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate.
If you are the new owner, you will have to do the following to carry out the transfer:
1. Complete the transfer ownership information on the back of the dog's Pedigree Certificate. Here is what needs to be completed:
Section A (Usually accomplished by Breeder/registered owner)
2. Prepare the applicable fees:
3. Submit/send the proof of payment together the original Pedigree Certificate. If you are not a PCCI member yet, you also need to send/submit the following:
1. Secure a copy of the Supplemental Transfer Statement Form either from the PCCI office or by downloading and printing it from this website.
2. The person named as the New Owner in Section A of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate must complete Section C of the Supplemental Transfer Statement to transfer the dog to you, the new/latest owner.