12 July 2016 4:44pm
Transfer of Ownership
A person who acquires a PCCI registered dog will have to officially transfer the ownership of the dog to his name from the previous owner whose name appears on the front side of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate. This process is called "Transfer of Ownership" and allows for the updating of the records of the PCCI to reflect the name of whoever may be the current owner of the registered dog.
Transfer of ownership is best carried out as soon as the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate is provided by the previous owner and all the information necessary for completing the transaction is obtained. There are several advantages to immediate transfer:
a. Official recognition of dog ownership by the PCCI. Only the individual whose name appears in the PCCI records as owner may transact with the PCCI.
b. The new owner can have the authenticity of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate validated and at the same time may determine the correctness and completeness of information that the previous owner(s) has provided. The shorter intervening period facilitates settlement with the previous owner should there be questions on the authenticity of the document or the completeness of information provided.
c. Penalties due to late transfer are avoided.
Transfer of Ownership may be carried out under two situations:
Case 1: Dog is acquired from the person whose name is printed as owner in the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate.
If you are the new owner, you will have to do the following to carry out the transfer:
1. Complete the transfer ownership information on the back of the dog's Pedigree Certificate. Here is what needs to be completed:
Section A (Usually accomplished by Breeder/registered owner)
2. Prepare the applicable fees:
a. Transfer of ownership PhP 392.00
b. Membership (for non-members) PhP 772.80; if new membership is applied between the month of October to December each year, the fee is Php856.80 (inclusive of advance renewal for the succeeding year.
3. Submit/send your paymen together with your 1" x 1" ID picture for your membership ID if not yet a member to the PCCI office.
1. Secure a copy of the Supplemental Tranfer Statement Form either from the PCCI office or by downloading and printing it from this website.
2. The person named as the New Owner in Section A of the Certified Registration and Pedigree Certificate must complete Section C of the Supplemental Transfer Statement to transfer the dog to you, the new/latest owner.